Telecom – Reporting from CDR Data
In order to keep track of the usage of their infrastructure, telecommunications companies rely on Call Detail Records (CDRs). These are standardized records that are created to document every exchange a given communication device makes with the network. CDR data sit at the base of the billing calculations, which means that its analysis is a fundamental element in the Telco industry.
A CDR contains a wealth of information that characterizes the usage of a network by its users. In this Webinar we will describe how to deal with this type of data using the Unicage methodology.
- Workshop on High-Performance and Reliable Big Data (HPBD’21)
- Combining legacy sensor data with new sensor data for reporting (Part 3)
- Combining legacy sensor data with new sensor data for reporting (Part 2)
- Combining legacy sensor data with new sensor data for reporting (Part 1)
- Scientific Recommendation Challenge (SciReC2021)